Finding the Perfect Virtual Assistant (VA)
It is not easy handling different roles simultaneously in a business. Though you might enjoy multitasking, it’s been proven to be a poor way of working, and over a period of time, it affects your morale and eventually your business.
How to Start?
Many entrepreneurs are perplexed as to what tasks to outsource and how to begin the process. A General Virtual Assistant or a GVA helps you to work on your business rather than work in the business. There are many tasks that you can outsource to a virtual assistant.
1. Let go, be ready and then hire a VA
First, you need to overcome the fear of letting go of some your tasks. It is nearly impossible to perform all the day to day tasks of running a business yourself as an entrepreneur. You need to free more of your time so that it can be utilized for the growth of your business.
You could consider making 3 lists.
1. Tasks you dislike
2. Tasks you don’t have the skills for
3. Tasks you don’t need to do
– This one can be the hardest by far as it may include tasks that you enjoy but could still better outsource. Get your thinking cap on!
2. Create a System
Before hiring a virtual assistant, make sure to create a solid system of how your tasks or processes work together and study the system first.
3. Some Ideas to get you Started
Here are just some tasks you can outsource to a Virtual Assistant – what have you outsourced?
General and Admin Tasks
- Email management
- Database Building – Updating Contacts or CRM
- Customer Service – replying to Emails, Chat Support, Lodged Tickets
- Calendar Management & Appointment Scheduling
- Travel Arrangement and Planning
- Data Entry in Word, Excel, Google Docs etc
- Preparing Powerpoint Presentations
- Transcription of Video and Audio Files
- Simple eBook Layout and Formatting
- Preparing Online Meeting Minutes
- Report Creation
- Form Creation
- Document Template Creation
- Online Research
- Blog Publishing Management
- Sending Client Invoices
- Basic Bookkeeping (MYOB, XERO & Quickbooks)
- Preparation of Training Materials
Content Marketing Tasks
- Content and Blog Post Creation
- Guest Blogging
- SEO Writing
- Creating a New List in Email Marketing Software
- List management – Adding and Removing Subscribers
- Creating and Scheduling Emails to Promote Content
- Creating Auto-responders
- Creating Email Newsletters
Social Media Management Tasks
- Creating Facebook Fan Pages and/or Groups
- Posting and Scheduling for Facebook, Twitter etc
- Create and Manage LinkedIn Account and Profile
- Create and Manage YouTube Account – Upload Videos on YouTube, Moderate Comments
- Website Analysis
- Keyword Research for Blog and SEO Content
- Competitor Analysis
- Lead or Landing Page Set-up and Creation
- On-page optimization for posts and pages (example – Yoast SEO plugin)
- Updates and general security of the site
- Support and Develop WordPress (PHP) Websites
- Install WordPress PlugIns and Themes
We work with VA Placements – VA Placements is a Virtual Assistant Directory and Search that is managed by 121 Temps Pty Ltd. The service is offered to help you find a virtual assistant that is right for you.
You can search and browse virtual assistant profiles, contact the virtual assistant of your choice directly. or alternatively, ask us to do the match for you.